Indie 101 is an extensive and elaborate workshop, ranging over multiple sessions that include art philosophy, songwriting fundamentals and some advanced perspectives; and extends over months for some people.
But a lot of you are not in a position to dedicate that much time and effort, and I have been thinking about it…
Over the past few weeks, I have thought upon ideas to consolidate the massive indie 101 library into something that is brief, to the point and more accessible. But at the same time, I should succeed in sharing the ideas and concepts. Therefore, I am presenting a short, concise version of the indie 101 workshop
Indie 101 – mini
- 5+1 sessions
- one on one
- two week long
independence, pace, space, story and story-telling
- How to unlock creativity?
- How to create a functional artistic perspective?
- How to create space for original songwriting?
- What is a story?
- How to write a compelling story?
- How to tell a story?
instrument and practice
- How to build a relationship with your instrument?
- Understanding practice.
- Designing a functional practice routine.
- Deliberate practice.
- How to practice?
generating ideas, creating a song
- How to generate ideas?
- How to write melodies?
- Writing on a beat/rhythm.
- Singer-songwriter basics.
- Writing poetry vs. lyrics.
- How to develop your writing?
- Writing in Urdu, Hindi and English.
- Reading and influence.
composing a song and recording a demo
- Writing a verse.
- Writing a chorus.
- Finishing the song.
- Branding 101
- Releasing art
- Maintaining consistency.